Anyone can get hitched for as long they meet the requirements in line with the Danish Act regarding the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
You must fill in and have an application approved whether you are getting married in Copenhagen, somewhere else in Denmark or abroad.
The initial you can easily use is four months ahead of the date you intend to get hitched.
You must apply for a so-called “prшvelsesattest” if you are to get married in a different city than your city of residence, or in a church or other religious community,. You must apply for an “жgteskabsattest” if you are to get married abroad.
The applying form may be the exact same no matter what the document you submit an application for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A modification of the Danish Marriage Law additionally the Aliens Act has brought influence on the 1 st of January 2019. You can read more about it together with application procedure under “Application details” below.
right Here it is possible to find out about the likelihood of an air that is open within the City of Copenhagen.
right Here it is possible to learn about the alternative of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at time and put which you decide.
Read more concerning the needs
A modification of the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has brought impact on the first of January 2019.
The alteration implies that some applications for wedding is supposed to be prepared with a main unit that is national by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications towards the main unit that is national couples where one or both events:
- aren’t Danish or citizens that are nordic
- don’t have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- have not acquired a permanent residence right for Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still doing marriage ceremonies.
You have to deliver the job into the municipality in Denmark what your location is registered (bopжlskommune) if you both meet the criteria that are following
- You will be Danish or citizens that are nordic
- You’ve got a residence that is permanent for Denmark
- You’ve got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
You can read more concerning this on the internet site regarding the continuing State management by simply clicking this website website website link.
It is possible to read more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
If you’re both subscribed as residents in Denmark, and have now NemID, you need to fill out and deliver the notice of wedding kind digitally.
Significant: study ” the best place to Apply” above, before delivering the job.
Because of the application you have to deliver the following documents:
- Scan of the passport or ID that is national if you’re not just a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of directly to permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with the EU-rules, if you should be perhaps not really a Danish or citizen that is nordic
- We might ask for a certificate of marital status from your previous countries of residence if you have lived in another country than Denmark within recent years
If your document is given an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is maybe perhaps perhaps not released by A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 variations: the first, and a interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The translation should be done by a certified translator.
If you’re a citizen in a Nordic nation you need to submit the next
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are given by Skatteverket, and must certanly be no avove the age of four months whenever you send out them to us.
- Scan associated with photo web page of one’s legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is granted by Folkeregisteret, and needs to be no over the age of four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan for the photo web page of one’s valid passport
The prшvelsesattest must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you deliver it to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Scan associated with the image web page of one’s legitimate passport
- Marriage ceremonies can be carried out in English, German or Danish
- We can not guarantee you initially wish for, so please do not book travelling tickets until your wedding date has been confirmed by the Wedding Office that you will get married on the day
- Copenhagen City Hall provides two witnesses however you are welcome to carry yours. You don’t have to share with us concerning this until immediately ahead of the marriage service
- Exact Same intercourse marriages may possibly not be recognised far away
- If you wish to have your wedding certification legalised, there is information right here
- You are able to just improve your title if you’re registered as being a resident in Denmark
- If you’ve been hitched abroad it is possible to register your wedding in Denmark. You have to contact Folkeregisteret (the general public registration workplace) and suggest to them your wedding certification. You are able to find out more in order to find contact information for Folkeregisteret right right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office could be contacted via e-mail Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.
Opening hours for individual attendance
To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday
Phone hours for basic concerns
To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including finding a right time for the marriage ceremony
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon